I recently read this interesting article from blog.invisionapp.com and thought I would share with you the most interesting points.
- Infinite Scrolling can lower your bounce rate. Time.com’s bounce rate dropped 15 percentage points after they adopted continuous scroll. (I just installed Jetpack’s Infinite Scroll module & the Jetpack Infinite Scroll for Genesis plugin on this site. I’ll let you know how it goes!) -12/17/15 update: I ended up deciding it was annoying and people couldn’t get to the bottom of the page to click on the “return to top” link, so I disabled it. We’ll see if it hurts my stats.
- Paul Ray, a user experience manager for Bing said that choosing that specific blue (#0044CC for you color enthusiasts) over some other hues amounted to an additional $80 million in annual revenue, when one factors in the additional clicks on advertisements and increased user engagement.
- For every $1 spent on email marketing, the average return is $44.25.
- Judgments on website credibility are 75% based on a website’s overall aesthetics and first impressions are 94% design-related.
- You’re 64 times more likely to climb Mount Everest than click on a banner ad.
Read the full article here.